The Witcher books were originally written by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski back in the 1990s. In recent years, the popularity of The Witcher books has only increased, largely due to the successful Netflix series. However, with eight different books that lack any numbering, it might be difficult to discover the correct reading order of the books. That’s why we created a list containing all The Witcher books in order. This list will tell you exactly which volume to start with!
This article was last updated in December 2021. We may earn a commission for purchases using our links.
Originally the books were written in Polish, under the name ‘Wiedźmin’. English translations have been around for a long time though, so you might find different editions. On very rare occasions, the series might be referred to as ‘The Hexer’, but modern translations should always refer to the series as ‘The Witcher’. Here’s the complete list of all The Witcher books in order for you:
- The Witcher: The Last Wish (published in 1993)
- The Witcher: Sword of Destiny (published in 1992)
- The Witcher: Blood of Elves (published in 1994)
- The Witcher: Time of Contempt (published in 1995)
- The Witcher: Baptism of Fire (published in 1996)
- The Witcher: The Tower of the Swallow (published in 1997)
- Sometimes published as Tower of Swallows
- The Witcher: The Lady of the Lake (published in 1998)
- The Witcher: Season of Storms (published in 2013)
- This story takes place during the events of The Last Wish.
The English books are also available as The Witcher Boxed Set.
In addition to the books and the Netflix series, there are also games and comic books of The Witcher. For a complete overview, check out our The Witcher Timeline.